TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (which may be amended from time to time) apply to all direct or indirect services (through the distributors) available online, through any mobile device, by e-mail or phone. By accessing, browsing or using our web site or any of our applications available through platforms (“the web site”) and/or by making a reservation, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree with the terms and conditions indicated below (including the fragment referring to privacy).
These pages, their contents, structure, infrastructure and the online booking service for accommodations made available through this web site (the “service”), are owned, operated and made available by Caribbean team (“Caribbeanteam.com”, “us”, “we” or “our”). They can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes, in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined below.
- Scope of our Service
Through this web site, we (Caribbean team and its affiliates) we provide an online platform through which all types of accommodations (for example, hotels, motels, inns and bed & breakfasts, together named the “accommodations”) offer their rooms and the users of the web site can make reservations. By making a booking through Caribbeanteam.com, you are entering into a direct contractual relationship (legally binding) with the establishment where you made the booking.
From the moment you make your booking, we are acting only as intermediaries between you and the accommodation provider, transmitting the booking reservations to the establishment and sending you a confirmation by e-mail on behalf of the accommodation provider.
The information we show is based on the information that the accommodation providers provide to us. The accommodation provider is at all times responsible for the precision, the exactness and the correctness of the information (descriptive as well as referring to rates and availability) appearing on our web site. Our web site does not constitute, nor should it be considered as a recommendation or a promotion of quality, service level, qualification or classification (by stars) for any available accommodation provider.
Our services are only for personal, non-commercial use. It is, therefore, prohibited to resell, make deep-links, utilize, copy, monitor (for example, spider, scrape, show, download or reproduce the contents, software, products or services available on our web site for any commercial or competitive activity.
- Prices, Crossed-Out Rates and Best Price Guarantee
The prices on our site are highly competitive. All prices on the caribbeanteam.com website are per room for your entire stay and are displayed not including VAT tax or all other taxes (subject to change of such taxes), unless stated differently on our website or in the confirmation e-mail. Applicable taxes may be charged Caribbean Team in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee.
Sometimes cheaper rates are available on our website for a specific stay at a property. However, these rates made by accommodations providers may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example in respect to cancellation and refund. Please check the room and rate details carefully for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
The currency converter is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as accurate and up-to-date since the exchange rates may vary.
Obvious errors (including misprints) are not binding.
All special offers and promotions are marked as such.
- Privacy and Cookies
Caribbeanteam.com respects your privacy. Please take a look at our Privacy and Cookies Policy for further information.
- Free-of-Charge Service
Our service is free of charge because, unlike others, we will not charge you for our service or add any additional (reservation) fees to the room rate.
The accommodation providers pay a commission (a small percentage of the room price) to Caribbeanteam.com after the guest has stayed at (and paid) the accommodation.
- Credit Card or Bank Transfer
Caribbean team offers the possibility to the reservations (in full or partially, depending on the payment conditions of the establishment) to the establishment during the reservation process through a of secure online payment system (if your bank offers and supports this). The payment is safely processed directly from your credit/debit card or from your bank account to the bank account of the accommodation provider through a third party payment processor.
For certain rates (non-refundable) or special offers, the accommodation provider may request that the amount is prepaid through a bank transfer (if available) or by credit card. In that case your credit card may be pre-authorized or charged (sometimes without any option for refund) as soon as the reservation is made. Please check the room details carefully for any special conditions prior to making your reservation.
By making a reservation with an accommodation provider & Caribbean Team, you accept its cancellation and no-show (if you do not show up) conditions as well as any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the accommodation provider that may apply to your reservation or during your stay. The general cancellation and no-show policy of each accommodation provider is made available on our website on the accommodation information pages as well as during the reservation procedure and in the confirmation e-mail. Please note that certain rates or special offers are not eligible for cancellation or change. Please check the details for each room carefully for any such conditions prior to making your reservation. Please note that a reservation that requires a down payment or (total or partial) prepayment may be cancelled (without the need for a prior notice) at the time when the (remaining) outstanding amounts cannot be collected in full upon their deadline, in accordance with the accommodation provider’s payment policy and the reservation conditions. Late payment, wrong data with regarding the bank, debit or credit cards, invalid credit/debit cards or insufficient funds are for your own risk and account and you will not be entitled to any refund of any (non-refundable) prepaid amount unless the accommodation provider agrees or otherwise allows this under its cancellation and prepayment policy.
- Further Correspondence
By making a booking, you agree to receive (i) an e-mail which we may send you shortly prior to your arrival date, giving you information on your destination as well as other data and offers (including third party offers, provided you have agreed to receive them) relevant to your reservation and destination. Please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy for more information about how we may contact you.
However and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate partners, licensees, agents or others involved in the creating, sponsoring, promoting process of the website and its contents shall be liable for (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of requests; (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the descriptive information (including information regarding rates, availability and ratings) of the accommodation provider on our website; (iii) the services rendered or the products offered by the accommodation provider or other business partners; (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of, or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our website; or (v) any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (obvious) negligence, willful professional misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the accommodation provider or any other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, agents, representatives or affiliated companies) whose products or service are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through the website, including any (partial) cancellation, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
Whether the property you stay at charges you (or has charged you) for your room, or we are facilitating the payment of the room price, you acknowledge that the accommodation & Caribbean Team are at all times responsible for the collection, withholding, remittance and payment of the applicable taxes due on the total amount of the room price to the relevant tax authorities.
To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Dominican law and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in Dominican Republic.
- Privacy and Cookies
What Kind of Personal Information does Caribbeanteam.com use?
When you make a reservation, you will be asked for your name and e-mail address. You may have to indicate your address, telephone number, the payment data, the names of the persons traveling with you, and your preferences for the stay.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account, where you can save your personal settings, review your previous bookings and manage your future reservations.
Whenever you visit our websites, even if you don’t make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you are using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude coordinates. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does Caribbeanteam.com collect & use your Personal Data?
- Reservations: We mainly use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the accommodations you have booked.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by e-mail to write a guest review after your stay. Your opinion may help other travelers choose the accommodations that suit them best.
- Account Administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer the account. This allows you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see accommodations you have searched for before, and see other information you have provided about accommodations and destinations.
- Marketing Activities: We may also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar travel-related products and services. With your consent (if consent is required under local law), we may also send you other regular newsletters by e-mail. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link in each newsletter. You can also manage your subscriptions through your account (if you’ve created one).
- Based on the information you have shared with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the caribbeanteam.com website. These might be offers that you can book directly on the Caribbeanteam.com website, third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- If we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to contact you by phone.
- Other Type of Communications: On other occasions we may get in touch with you by e-mail, traditional mail, phone or text message, depending on the contact information you have shared with us. We may do this for several reasons:
- In order to respond to, and handle requests you’ve made.
- If you have not finalized the online reservation process, we may e-mail you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodations again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with us.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as how to contact Caribbeanteam.com if you need assistance during your stay, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the most out of your stay. We may also send you material related to your upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through Booking.com.
- Market Research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: Finally, we use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does caribbeanteam.com use Social Media?
We use social media to promote our accommodation partners’ properties and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we integrated plugins from the social networks into the caribbeanteam.com website. Therefore, when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, the information is shared with this social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile so that you can share it with others in your network.
We may also enable you to sign in to Caribbeanteam.com services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of information stored by the websites on your computer or mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter referred to as “cookies”).
Why are Cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you’re surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognized as the same user. Cookies allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website. Therefore, Cookies are used basically to remember the choices you have made (for example, to remember the language you prefer or the currency you use). Cookies will also make sure you’re recognized when you return to a website.
Do all Cookies have the same Function?
No, there are different types of Cookies and they are used for different purposes. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan, and according to who stores them on a website.
How are Cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of Cookies:
- Technical Cookies: We try to provide our visitors with an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical Cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional Cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and help you use our website efficiently and effectively. For example, we remember your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodations you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your user experience.
- Analytics Cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure that our website continues to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information, and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may also include advertisements from third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, since the data we obtain is anonymous. Our business partners may also use analytical cookies to learn if their customers use accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
- Publicity Cookies: We use our own as well as third-party cookies to show you personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This kind of publicity is called “retargeting” and is based on browsing activities, such as the destinations you have been searching for, the accommodations you have viewed and the prices you have been shown. Publicity cookies may also be used by third parties to display their products and services through our website.
How long do caribbeanteam.com Cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some is 7 days from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want. To remove caribbeanteam.com cookies from your browser, go to the following link: Eliminate Cookies (please note that when you click on this link, all Caribbeanteam.com cookies will be removed immediately).
How can you recognize Caribbeanteam.com Cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Does Caribbeanteam.com use Third-party Publicity and Analytics Cookies?
Yes, Caribbeanteam.com uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. Caribbeanteam.com may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
Our providers are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
Who has Access to Booking.com Cookie Data?
Only caribbeanteam.com has access to Caribbeanteam.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your Cookie Preferences?
Using your browser settings (for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome), you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. We do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings. Opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads customized to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
What Security Procedures does Caribbeanteam.com put in place to safeguard your Personal Data?
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures as well as technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
Your credit card details provided they are needed as part of the reservation process, all information is connected to the paypal system and our system wont storage the information connected to the credit card.
The services offered by Caribbeanteam.com are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve ourselves the right to delete it.
Last updating: June 2016